Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book Talk fo week of 2/2/15

Book: Out Of My Mind

Author: Sharon M. Draper

Genre: Realistic Fiction

     Out Of My Mind is probably one of the best books I have ever read. It is about a girl named Melody who has cerebal palsy (Click this link to learn more about cerebal palsy). This story is her life story going from when she was a little baby untill present. When she was young people thought she was retarted because her condition would you not let her speak or move. Really she is a genius! She has a photographic memory and she remembers everything hears sees or reads. One day she gets this machince so she can talk, and she enters this quiz compition. This is all I am going to say because I don't wan't to spoil the story. The mood of this novel is depressing because the story is just so sad. I think that the theme is to never let anyone say you can't.

      I would definatlly reccomend this book to people who love stories that will completly change thier life forever. I liked this book because it is different than your usuall book and it gives a great story. I read this for the first time in fourth grade, and I read it multiple times ever since! In other words, if I were you I would go down to the library today and get this amazing book for yourself!

     See you next week!
             - Emily

4 comments:

  1. I like your blog expect there were some misspelled words. I remember reading those books with Mrs. K. I was also wondering Jose and Jimmy have cerebral palsy right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had some misspelled words in there but in other areas you did a really great job, so give yourself a pat on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than some spelling error I thought your blog was great. This book sounds so interesting I would go to the store or library and get it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily. Great Job on the blog. I got interested in this book now. I really liked how you included the link so that people can learn more about cerebral palsy. I also liked the theme that you chose for this book because I think it is a theme that a lot of people can relate to. If I were you, I would work on the spelling grammars. Maybe you could read it over before you post it or have someone else read it just to make sure everything is in tip-top shape. Other than that great blog.

    ReplyDelete