Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Blog for the week of 2/9/15

Book: Alabama Moon

Pages Read: Finished

Prompt: If you were the author, how would this end?

    This week I read the book, Alabama Moon. It is about a kid who lives in the woods with his dad, then one day his dad dies he has to live on his own. The government soon finds out and takes him to a boys home where kids are mean to him. Then, he breaks out to love in the woods again with two other kids. His main goal is to get to Alaska, well thats atleast what his dad told him to do when he died. The rest? Well you will have to read to find out.

    So, now that you know the plot, I think that it should end like this: Moon should go on a journey across the country to Alaska and in the end actually get there and be happy. If this were to happen it would change the book a lot. First of all it would be longer. It also would be a lot more interesting. The only problem is that there could a sense on unreality from the fact that a 10 year old is going on a cross country trip by himself. Anyways, this book would be great whatever the ending is. 

   I am really sad that this book is finished because I wish I could read more. I actually found out that there is a movie based on the book and I can't wait to see it! It came out in 2011 and I am suprised that I have never heard of it! I also think that there should be a sequal to this book. It kind of ends on a high point and I think ti would be interesting to read a seccond one. Well, I hope you enjoyed my blog post for this week! See you next time!

  - Emily

I commented on Lillian's Blog, Jared's Blog, and Anthony's Blog

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds really interesting! I want to read it now. Where were they before they to to Alaska?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were in Alabama

    ReplyDelete