Monday, March 7, 2016

40 Book Challenge Reading Blog

Blog

Prompts:
1. Select a quote from your reading that you liked. What made you pick it? How
does it make you pause and think?
2. After reading, I wonder...

   The book that I am reading is titled Airborne, by Kenneth Opel. It is about a young boy, Matt Cruse, and his adventure on the passenger blimp, the Aurora. One night, when Matt was on lookout duty, he spotted a hot air ballon off in the distance. He alerted the captain, and they tried to call out to who ever was in the ballon, but there was no answer. Matt got hooked up to a harness and swung over to the ballon, when he looked inside, there was on old man laying on the floor. Once they got back to the ship, the old man asked Matt if the saw the "beautiful creatures. Matt lied about seeing them, and the man got really frustrated. The captain assured Matt that he was dying, and he was bound to go a little crazy. At the same time, he wondered what creatures the old man was speaking of. 

    Right before Matt is about to go out to pull the hot air ballon in, the captain tells him something. He says, "Mr. Cruse, I look at you, and of all the men, you're the one who shows not the slightest hint of fear. Am I right?" I like this quote, because it shows that out of all of the people there, the little boy, Matt is the only one who shows no fear. If I were in his shoes, I would be plenty scared, be ease I am deathly afraid of heights, but I guess Matt thinks otherwise.

    After reading, I wonder what is going to happen to the old man, and what the magical creatures he was talking about are. Where I left off, the book mentioned that the old man was dying, will he actually die? I also wonder what the creatures he is talking about are, and if they are real? Does Matt think they are real? I guess I will need to keep reading to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment