Sunday, April 10, 2016

3rd Quarter Reflection Blog

Prompts:
1. In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in english language arts?
2. What was the most challenging part of 3rd quarter for you can what you did/can you do to overcome this?
3. What is something that you have accomplished this quarter that you are proud of?

     In my 3rd quarter english language arts class, I have many many large improvements. I think that my biggest improvement was that I have found myself not procrastinating as much as I generally used to. In the past, I would wait until the very last minute to do my "thursday night homework" and I just realized how inefficient it was. Around halfway through the quarter, I began to start finishing the larger part of my homework on wednesday and earlier. This actually helped a lot and relieved a ton of stress which I would have had on that thursday! As you can see, just by not procrastinating as much and doing my homework, I made a quite large improvement this quarter!

     The most challenging part of 3rd quarter was probably making up the plethora of my absent work. A couple of weeks ago, I got really sick, and had to miss a ton of school. Once I finally returned, I ended up with a ton of makeup work in all of my classes. If you added the regular homework I had on top of that, it was a lot of work. I found it tricky to get it all done, because I just had a lot going on too. After a while, I was able to work really hard and get all my work done. Even though it was super tricky, I learned that if I work hard enough, I can get anything done.

    One thing that I accomplished this quarter that I am really proud of is that I was able to redo some of my work that didn't get the best grades. I am really proud of my self for taking the time to redo my work because it really helped my grades. If I didn't try to fix them, my grades would be pretty bad. From this, I also learned that I should probably do a better job of reading the directions before I get to work because sometimes I forget to add important standards required in my pieces. Therefore, I am really proud that I redid some of the work that I scored poorly on.

No comments:

Post a Comment