Thursday, April 21, 2016

Tuesday's With Morrie Blog

                   
Pages read: 0-61
Prompts: What are your initial reactions to what you have read in Tuesdays with Morrie thus far?
One of the main themes developing in Tuesdays with Morrie is not to take your life for granted. Based on this premise, what is on your Bucketlist? You can write a paragraph leading up to a bulleted list of what you would like to do/accomplish in your life.


     Before reading Tuesday's with Morrie I wasn't sure what to think. My dad made it blatantly clear to me that he admired the author, Mitch Albom, but What I really wondered, was what kind of long lasting impact did Morrie make on Mitch, and what kind of impact would he on me? Once I started reading, I found myself surprised at the lucky coincidence in which Mitch heard about his dear old college professor Morrie on the tv and went to visit him. I personally have a connection with Morrie, because I personally know a person with ALS, just like him. When we first found out my neighbor Ken had ALS, we were shocked, he was such a active person, similar to Morrie. At the disease progressed, his conditions worsened to the point where all the neighbors had to bring him soup because all he could do was smell them. Both of them were able to stay strong and live life to the fullest before the disease got the best of them.

     One thing that I noticed was that Morrie generally speaks in aphorisms, adding a life lesson to everything he says. I really admire him for that, because in a hard time for him, it shows he was able to remain positive, and teach others that they should live their lives to the fullest too. One of my favorite Aphorisms Morrie mentioned is, "Dying is only one thing to be sad over, living unhappily is something else." This really speaks to the audience in lieu of the fact that Morrie wants to live happily and die, then live unhappily and die. This sums up why he can remain so positive in the hardest times, Morrie wants to live life to the live fullest while he can.

     Just like Morrie, I would like to live my life to the fullest and achieve unmeasurable heights. I created a bucket list of some things that I would like to do in my lifetime.
-Graduate college 
-Become and electrical engineer
-Get married
-Swim with dolphins
-Dance with Brynn Rumfallo from Dance Moms
-Dance at the Abby Lee Dance company in LA 
-Master my back handspring, back tuck, and front aerial
-Get my pilots license 
-Go to Paris
-Go camping at Yellowstone national park
-Visit the wizzarding world of Harry Potter 
-Climb Mt. Everest
-Learn to surf
-Get a puppy
-Meet the cast of Dance Moms
-Ski the Swiss alps like my Dad did before
-Go in one of those glass bottom boat thingies
-Throw pie in my sisters face 

No comments:

Post a Comment