Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Life Line Poetry

Life Line Poetry

Remembering where you come from means holding on to the vision 
that you are part of a human community 
that you can carry with you every day.
Help others in time of need,
Treat them kindly,
See beyond yourselves, and cast off the covers.

My classmates had discovered the best way to hurt me, with their words.
Sticks and stones can indeed break your bones, but words can often do worse.
The cool kids treated everyone as beetles.
But I had treated everyone as angel.
And that's how I got elected as class president.

I also chose the hardest freshman schedule
But there was one class I couldn't take: advanced world history.
I wanted to take it, but there was only 20 spots available.
By the end of the year, my hard work payed off.
I asked my teacher and counselor to move me up to the advanced class.
They agreed.  

We must remember where we come from.
Improving the quality life for the entire human community 
is the single greatest task that faces our generation and generations to come.
You are ready to face the snakes and drive them away.
You are ready to change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment