Sunday, January 24, 2016

End of Second Quarter Reflection Blog

  Throughout the second quarter, I have read many books and improved in my 40 book challenge. Right now, I think that I am on book #21, which is Shooting Kabul. My favorite book this quarter was probably To Kill a mockingbird, because it was a really good story and I learned a lot. To add on to this, my blogs have been progressing due to the fact that I have been working on the TIQA format, which helped a lot. While doing blogs and other work, I have also been working on my research skills. This was improved by seeking to different kinds of sources to find more unique information.

  Many strategies have benefited me this quarter. The most important one was studying my vocabulary throughout the week. Many of my classmates wait until the last minute to study, even the day of! They are the ones to fail the quizzes. Another strategy I just found out yesterday, which is similar to my last one. It is to do your blog in advance. I did mine on Wednesday, and I have never had a more relaxing Thursday night! I learned many things about the world too. One thing is that the FBI is making a program that will help predict crime, by seeing the history of animal abusers. Another thing I learned was that Paris, France was attacked by terrorists!

   I think I made the most improvements in my blogs. This is again because of my new knowledge on the TIQA format, which has helped me write better and clearer. One thing that I accomplished this quarter was reading 20 books. It is a big thing for me because 20 books in a few months is a lot. The most challenging part of the quarter was finding time to do my blogs and article of the weeks. I solved this problem by doing it earlier then Thursday's.



   






No comments:

Post a Comment